In the coming month of May, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) will conduct a Management Development Program with the intention of providing a knowledge-sharing and enhancing podium to companies and academicians in the area of Project Management. This would be a three day residential MDP event which will commence on 3rd May, 2011 and conclude on 5th May, 2011 at UPES Campus, Dehradun.
This program has been titled as “Project Management: Benchmarks Redefined.” With this event, many project management issues would be addressed via presentations by renowned professionals and practitioners holding respected backgrounds in project management in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Discussions will be held on challenges that are being faced in the area of Project Management, as overcoming them would be one of the key issues.
Some of the key objectives of the event are:
* To make the participants aware of new benchmarks in managing projects.
* To provide them with the working pattern in a realtime scenario via live projects, simulated risks, and project delivery.
* To make the participants understand the dynamics of project management with the use of effective interpersonal skills.
* To explain the legal framework of project management.
This program will be commenced under the aegis of Program Director, Dr. M Ramachandra (Former Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development), with Project Management Institute being the knowledge partner. Some of the key topics or issues that would be discussed here are:
* Types of Projects – PPP, Infrastructure, Government or Societal Projects
* Cost Management Tools and Techniques
* Risk Management, BOQs and Costing
* Sources of Funds, Raising Funds & Dealing with Commercial Banks
* Organizational Dynamics: Managing multicultural project Teams
The participants of this event would include EPC Companies, Oil & Gas Sector, Government departments, Power Sector, Banks, KPOs, Infrastructure sector, Service Providers & Management Consultants, and Financial Institutions.